Dried Kashmiri Red chilies
> Current Sale Upto 70% off. Click here
> Free shipping on all prepaid orders in India.
What are Kashmiri Dried Red Chillies?
As their name suggests, Kashmiri Red Chilli are mainly grown in Jammu and Kashmir, some parts of Himachal Pradesh and even in some places such as Goa. Kashmiri red chillies or kashmiri mirchi or kashmiri mirch and locally named as marchwagan is daily used spice with a unique blend of medium hot quality red pepper to flavor any beautiful vibrant famous dishes. Spices are soul of any dish and we cannot imagine spicy, colorful dishes without it. Due to aromatic property of these chillies the food gets less pungent than other chillies having the vibrant and rich red color to flavor the various cuisine world wide.
How do we store Kashmiri Dried Red Chillies?
Kashmiri red chillies if kept properly, can be preserved for many months. Commonly kashmiri red chilli paste or powder are formed for its long lasting use are refrigerated. They are to be stored in air-tight container however they should be away from the moisture and air exposures.
How or where can we use Kashmiri Dried Red Chillies?
One or two tsp of kashmiri red chillies can be added to recipes for flavour and colour.
Also can be added to any marination.
The whole chillies are used to temper the warm oil with other whole spices.
The chillies are broken or chopped then sprinkle to stir-fries and curries.
Sometimes the kashmiri chillies are soaked whole in warm water and grind it into paste for an even brighter red colour and flavouful heat to the dish.
What are benefits the of Kashmiri Dried Red Chillies?
There is no doubt that species are not only vital source of flavors but also good source of nutrients, likewise Kashmiri dried Chillies not only enrich flavor and color to the dish but also add nutrients.
Kashmiri Dried Red Chillies are good source of Minerals
Now-a-days mineral deficiency has become a problem, this spice can increase the number of minerals to an individual as they are essential source of iron, potassium, copper, and manganese.
Kashmiri Dried Red Chillies are good source of Vitamins
Dried Kashmiri red Chillies are also good source of vitamin C and undoubtedly it will be beneficial for the growth, development and repair of all body tissues and improves body functions, including formation of collagen, absorption of iron, the proper functioning of the immune system, wound healing, and the maintenance of cartilage, bones, and teeth. It also helps in building stronger immunity. It is also rich in the vitamin B complex, which is beneficial for the nervous system and maintains energy levels.
Kashmiri Dried Red Chillies are good for digestion
Kashmiri Chilli powder reduces harmful bacteria in your gut as it is a natural detoxifying agent. It also secretes gastric juices which accelerates digestion and relieve issues like constipation and gas. These all property leads to good intestinal health.
Kashmiri Dried Red Chillies are good source of Antioxidants
Antioxidants are substances that can prevent or slow damage to cells caused by free radicals, unstable molecules that the body produces as a reaction to environmental and other pressures. Kashmiri dried red chillies are a good source of various antioxidants and which control and convert the active free radicals in the blood.
Recipe of Marchwangan Mutton Korma using Kashmiri Dried Red Chillies
Marchwangan Mutton Korma is one of the famous dish of kashmiri cuisine. The kashmiri dried red chillies in native language is called “marchwangan” and as the name suggests its made from kashmiri dried red chillies.
Kashmiri Dried Red Chillies Receipe Ingredients
1kg lamb/mutton with fat
2 green cardamoms
2 black cardamoms
1 big cinnamon
1/2 tsp turmeric
1 tsp fennel seed powder
1/2 tsp dry ginger powder
3 tsp kashmiri dried red chillies (soaked overnight in water and then turned into paste)
1 pinch of saffron
1 small cup ghee
1/3 cup brown onion paste
Salt as per taste
1tbpsp garlic paste
1/2 cup curd
Kashmiri Dried Red Chillies Cooking Method
Wash mutton well and let it dry. Then in a pot add in ghee and after heating add in cardamon, cinnamon and cloves.Once atoma is released add in mutton. For some minutes fry mutton until it is browned. Add in whisked curd and stir well.
Take kashmiri dried red chillies/ marchwangan paste and put saffron strands to it. Immediately add in brown onion paste garlic paste, salt, turmeric, ginger and fennel seed powder once mutton turned brown.
Give it a quick mix and add in little water that spices doesn’t burn. Add in half red chilly mixture and give good stir keeping flame on low then add in remaining red chilly mixture after few seconds followed by a good stir.
Once the oil layer is visible add in 2 cups water and let it boil for 5 minutes and then keep in simmer until mutton is cooked, tender and gravy has thickened up a bit . Marchwangan korma cooked from kashmiri dried red chillies is ready.
Shipping & Return Policy
At Kashmir Box, we take special care in ensuring that your products are delivered to you in the best condition and on time by partnering only with courier companies of International repute.
- We offer free shipping on all prepaid orders and charge Rs.70 for COD orders PAN India.
- A weight based shipping cost is applicable/chargeable for International orders.
- Shipping charges may vary depending upon order volume and delivery location for International orders.
- Our courier partners deliver on working days, excluding Public Holidays.
- Order dispatch confirmation is notified by email as and when your order is dispatched from our warehouse.
- Shipping/Billing address - refers to where the product has to be shipped/billed and therefore you are requested to mention your complete address with pin/zip code and a working phone number.
- Orders are shipped directly from Kashmir.
- To know more about your country specific shipping charges or for any other clarity you can drop a mail at email@example.com
- Country of Origin: India
- Check the delivery/making time on the product details under description while/before placing the order. Each of our products is crafted especially for you by master artisans across the valley, the making/shipping time for each is different.
- No returns are accepted for products/orders which are customized.
- No returns are acceptable for products available under sale category on the website.
- For each return in craft products which are not damaged and perfect in make, a restocking fee is charged as under
Order value more than Rs. 3,000
Order value less then Rs. 3,000
Order Value ( Pashmina) more than Rs.30,000
Craft Return Policy:
We at KashmirBox.com believe in providing a delightful experience to our customers. We serve you with the best of Kashmiri products.
- You must inform us about your return within 7 days from the date of delivery at firstname.lastname@example.org
- In case the product you receive is damaged or with any quality issues, reach back to us & we will arrange a reverse pickup of the product subject to need for the pickup and reverse pickup service available for your address/pin code.
- The product should reach us in its original condition without any damage or any other kind of tampering.
- The product should be returned in a well packed box so as to avoid any damage in the transit & with complete labelled address.
- Reverse pickup is not available for International orders. In such cases the reverse pickup is to be arranged by the customer itself at their own cost involved.
In these scenario, your returns are not accepted
- The product is damaged or has been tampered with in any way.
- The product has been used, worn, washed or changed in any other way.
- Crafts are prone to a slight variation in the design, colour and pattern work; therefore we may not be able to refund your order if the same are your criteria for making a return.
- Enquiry about any doubts that you may have regarding the products before going for the final purchase may be asked at email@example.com and have all your doubts instantly.
- The products are of standard quality but not to your personal liking in terms of taste and colour.
Food (Gourmet) Orders:
- For return of gourmet foods, you must inform us immediately upon delivery about the reason for return at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- No stocking fee applicable for food return.
- All food items to be returned must be unused, unopened untampered and must be dispatched back within one day only.
If you wish to cancel your order with us please note:
- The order can only be cancelled if and only if it has not already been shipped.
- Once the order has been shipped from our warehouse, you will not be entitled for any refund and it will become a return on your side.
- The ‘Made to Order’ and other “Customized orders” are in no way eligible for cancellation.
For any cancellation related queries, reach us at email@example.com
Most of the products on KashmirBox.com are handmade; hand woven and intricately crafted, as such there may be variations in colour and embellishment of the actual product against that as shown on the website. This is due to the nature of fabric dyes, weather at the time of dying and differences in display outputs due to lighting, digital photography, colour settings and displaying capabilities of computer monitors, laptops or the mobile devices that you may be using.
Address to be specified on return shipments.
Kashmir Box Online Private Limited
Indo Kashmir Complex, Nawab Bazar
Srinagar, Jammu and Kashmir, India – 190002,
Tel: +91-9796659999, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Products delivered were clean, fresh and of good qwality.
These Kashmiri red chillies are real deal. Not to be taken lightly.
The chillies are very good and it is famous Kashmir chillies.
Quality and authentic products.
I couldn't find my favourite red Kashmiri chillies in the market for the longest time and I was so glad that I found it here! Very happy with what I received.
Sir, I haven't received my order still the date.
Dried Kashmiri Red chilies
Good authentic products
Excellent,the colour of the red chillies is really red,Iam very happy with it.