Health Benefits Of Honey
Honey is the only food that includes all the substances necessary to sustain life, including enzymes, vitamins, minerals, and water; and it's the only food that contains "pinocembrin", an antioxidant associated with improved brain functioning. Bees swallow, digest and regurgitate nectar to make honey; this nectar contains almost 600 healthy compounds.
Honey is highly beneficial and its richness is mentioned in the Quran as well. The Holy Prophet Muhammad (Peace Be upon Him) mentioned honey as:
“By HIM in whose hand is my soul, eat honey. For there is no house in which honey is kept for the angels will not ask for mercy. If a person eats honey, a thousand remedies enter his stomach and a million diseases will come out. If a man dies and honey is found within him, fire [burning of hell] will not touch his body.”
Amazing Honey Facts:
• Honey never spoils. No need to refrigerate it. It can be stored unopened, indefinitely, at room temperature in a dry cupboard.
• Honey is one of the oldest foods in existence. It was found in the tomb of King Tutankhamen and was still edible (a little dry) as honey never spoils because it is naturally anti microbial. (Anti fungal, anti bacterial, anti everything nasty) which is why it's also such an incredible healer.
• Due to the high level of fructose, honey is 25% sweeter than table sugar.
• Honey is created when bees mix plant nectar, a sweet substance secreted by flowers, with their own bee enzymes.
• To make honey, bees drop the collected nectar into the honeycomb and then evaporate it by fanning their wings.
• One bee colony can produce up to 150kg of honey per year.
Honey is made up of glucose, fructose, and minerals such as iron, calcium, phosphate, sodium chlorine, potassium, magnesium. The slightly acidic pH level of honey (between 3.2 and 4.5) is what helps prevent the growth of bacteria, while its antioxidant constituents clean up free radicals. The physical properties of honey vary depending on the specific flora that was used to produce it, as well as its water content.
Health Benefits of Honey:
Honey is of value in treating burns, infected surgical wounds and deceits ulcers. Honey is very viscous, enabling it to absorb water from surrounding inflamed tissue. Also, it has been suggested that honey may be useful in the treatment of chronic, foul smelling ulcers seen in leprosy.
1. Nature's Energy Booster: The benefits of honey go beyond its great taste. A great natural source of carbohydrates which provide strength and energy to our bodies, honey is known for its effectiveness in instantly boosting the performance, endurance and reduce muscle fatigue of athletes.
2. Immunity System Builder: Among the many health benefits of honey, honey is a powerful immune system booster.
3. Honey and Vinegar cure many Ailments like Arthritis: The health benefits of honey and vinegar drink are widely known. This recipe has traditionally been used as a home self-detox or self remedy for many ailments such as arthritis.
4. It reduces the risk of heart disease: Honey mixed with cinnamon has been shown to revitalize the arteries and veins of the heart and reduce cholesterol in the blood by up to 10%. When taken on a regular basis, this honey-cinnamon mixture may reduce the risk of heart attacks and stop another from occurring in people who have already suffered one. Add 1-2 tablespoons of honey with 1/3 teaspoon of cinnamon to warm water, then drink daily.
5. Great for your skin: Due to its anti-microbial and anti-fungal properties, honey is the ultimate organic skincare brand. Apply a dab of raw, organic honey directly to blemishes, and let the skin absorb its medicinal properties overnight. Wash it off in the morning, and after regular use, you’ll wake up to clear skin!
6. Honey and Cinnamon cure many Ailments like hair loss and bad breath: The combination of honey and cinnamon has been used in oriental medicine for centuries and people have claimed that the mixture is a formula for many health benefits and a cure for many ailments including hair loss and bad breath.
7. Cure for diarrhea: Mixed with hot water, and taken in several small doses, honey is considered the best remedy for diarrhea
8. Honey and Lemon: (Weight Loss Diet Tip) Honey and lemon diet can relieve you of your weight problem. Drinking warm water with lemon and honey on an empty stomach, first thing in the morning, is the main component of every detox program. Doing this on a daily basis is one of the best ways to cleanse the liver, remove toxins, and flush fat from the body.
9. Milk and Honey improves Digestion and bowel movements: Adding honey to dairy products such as sour milk and yogurts can improve the digestion and bowel movements.
10. Cholesterol Fighter: The antioxidants in honey are a cholesterol fighter and have the potential to protect against heart disease!
11. Honey good for Pregnant Moms: To minimize your heartburn woes during pregnancy and honey with milk recipe is one of them. Mixing some honey with your milk is very good for helping neutralize the excess of stomach acid. Drink a glass of milk every night before going to bed.
12. Honey for Sore Throats: One of the better known health benefits of honey is that it is able to help treat sore throats.
If properly stored, honey will not spoil: A pot of honey found in an ancient Egyptian tomb was proved to be as wholesome as fresh honey!!
What are you waiting for, do you need any more reasons to relish these many benefits in a yummy delicious way. Honey is the divine healer, a health remedy that has been in place since way too long, centuries ago and still is in place backed by our scientific research. Grab a jar today , for you and your family.