22 Super Foods for a Healthy Heart
Every year, the 29th of September is celebrated across the world as World Heart Day. The biggest intervention of people from around the world to make aware the prerequisites of a healthy heart, free from all cardiovascular diseases. According to the World Health Organization (WHO), about 17 million people die every year from heart disease alone!
Your heart is the most essential part of you; average adult heart beats 72 times a minute,100,000 times a day, 3,600,000 times a year, and 2.5 billion times during a lifetime? Every day, the heart creates enough energy to drive a truck 20 miles. In a lifetime, that's equivalent to driving to the moon and back!
These are the ten essential nutrients that are found in the following foods that are required to maintain a healthy state of your heart. Make sure your diet includes all these foods.
1. Fish, particularly Salmon, Mackerel and Sardines.
2. Colorful Berries; blue berries, strawberries and raspberries are especially good for your heart.
3. Citrus Fruits like oranges and grapefruit.
4. Go Nuts over Nuts! Almonds, walnuts, peanuts and hazel nuts are your heart’s best friends.
5. Red and Green Apples are both great for your heart.
6.Have fresh juicy Tomatoes in salads.
7. The all time favorite Legumes.
8. Green Vegetables like spinach, broccoli and kale are a must have in your daily diet.
9. The good old Coffee.
10. Dark Chocolate, delicious and healthy.
11. A small bowl of Yogurt every day will keep your heart problems at bay.
12. Oatmeal; the best breakfast in the world.
13. All types of Raisins are good for your heart.
14. Whole grains like barley.
15. Eggplants and Beans.
Baked and NOT deep fried Potatoes.
17. Green Tea, of course you knew that already.
18. Soy Products like Tofu and Soy Milk.
19. Pomegranates, Avocados and Bananas.
20. Pop Corn! Yeah right. Popcorn delivers polyphenols, antioxidants that are linked to improving heart health. Gram for gram, popcorn boasts three times more polyphenols than kidney beans (the highest vegetable polyphenol source) and four times more than cranberries (the best fruit source), according to recent research. What’s more, popcorn is a whole grain—and people who eat plenty of whole grains tend to be leaner and have a lower risk of heart disease than those who don’t.
21. Flax Seeds.
22. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Last but not the least, keep a regular exercise routine to stay heart healthy and fit. Good eating habits with consistent exercise will add more happiness and joy to your life. A healthy heart is a happy heart ♥