A Salt from The Peaks of Himalayas
Salt! An important element for the body and an equally important ingredient for your dishes. However, the common refined and iodized salt that we use everyday can be quite a bane which shows its ill effects in our health over a period of time when we consume them. This is because of the excessive chemicals used in them. Yes, chemicals! What to do then? Where to get a salt which is healthy, pure, and beneficial and doesn’t have any side effects?
We found the answers to these questions deeply rooted in the peaks of the Himalayas –literally in the lap of Mother Nature. And this led us to an interesting theory about the formation of the famous Pink Himalayan Rock Salt.
About a million centuries back it so happened that crystallized salt beds (which now lie buried under the lap of Himalayas), were covered with lava. Aside from being kept in a pristine environment that has been surrounded by snow and ice all year round, the lava is thought to have protected the salt from the world of impurities and adulterations. And so it was nurtured in the very bosom of the Himalayas and came to be known as the purest of all salts available on planet earth. The Himalayan Rock Salt is also known as ‘White Gold’, is prettily pink and is composed of 84 vital minerals essential to the human body.It takes a total of 250 million years for Mother Nature to conjure this precious salt from its lap far away from the world pollution. The salt is then mined and washed by hand. When ready,the end result is something which has a taste as unforgettable as its health benefits.
HEALTH BENEFITS OF ROCK SALT
- Controlling the water levels within the body, regulating them for proper functioning
- Encouraging excellent blood sugar health
- Aiding in reducing the common signs of aging
- Aiding vascular health
- Supporting healthy respiratory function
- Lowering incidence of sinus problems, and promoting over-all sinus health
- Reducing cramps
- Increasing bone strength
- Naturally promoting healthy sleep patterns
- Creating a healthy libido
- Circulatory support
- Promotes kidney and gall bladder health when compared to common chemically-treated salt
Not to forget the other amazing uses and benefits!
- Used as a bath or body salt, the rock salt is a perfect substitute for those spas as it relaxes your muscles and improves your sleep. Therapeutic indeed!
- Used as a lamp, the rock salt deodorizes and purifies the air and its therapeutic properties relieve you of stress and aids better sleep, besides improving your mood.
- Soak your feet in a bucket of rock-salted water to get rid of edema (swelling and inflammation).
- Used as a scrub, the Himalayan rock salt acts as an exfoliator and removes those dead skin cells which you so badly wanted to get rid of.
- Mix it with your usual shampoo and it removes that dirt from your hair without stripping off its natural oils.