Cucumber with Yogurt and Mint
A cooling yogurt dish to beat the summer heat this Ramadan! Enjoy an easy and quick recipe which can be made by anyone, and can be had with any meal or even as a snack. Ideal for hot summer days it can be stored in the refrigerator and pulled out whenever someone comes in complaining or being tired, hot, and hungry. This Raita goes down well with rice as well as chapatti.Savor on this yummy treat!
1. One medium sized cucumber.
2. 2-3 cups of yogurt.
3. 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh mint (dried mint can be used too).
4. ½ tablespoon of Zeera powder (cumin powder).
5. A pinch of black pepper (optional).
6. Salt to taste.
1. Peel the cucumber and grate it coarsely.
(Do not grate it too finely, keep some cucumber pieces as such to get some extra crunch.)
2. Place the yogurt in a bowl. Beat lightly with a fork until smooth and creamy.
3. Add all the ingredients in this yogurt. Mix well.
4. Cover and refrigerate.
5. Add a mint leaf to garnish.
Take it out only at the time of serving. It tastes best when served cold! :)