A delicious Apple treat for you and your loved ones in an easy and quick preparation. For all dessert lovers, this is one more addition to your list.
• 6-7 apples; peeled and diced
• 2 tbsp ghee or butter or oil (preferably an odorless oil)
• 1 tbsp water
• 1 tsp cinnamon powder
• 1 tsp vanilla powder or 2 tsp vanilla extract
• 5 tbsp sugar (add more if the apples are less sweet, and according to your tastes)
• 1 tbsp blanched, peeled, halved almonds (peeling is optional)
• 1 tbsp blanched, peeled, halved pistachios
• 1 tbsp raisins
• 1 tbsp walnuts, halved
1. Melt the ghee or butter in a saucepan.
2. Add the apples and fry them for 4-5 minutes.
3. As they get soft and browned, add 1 tbsp water.
4. Lower the heat and cook the apples uncovered for 15 minutes till they merge and thicken.
5. Mash the apples with a spatula and stir frequently to avoid the mixture from getting burnt.
6. Add the sugar now.
7. Continue to stir and cook till the whole mixture becomes one and starts to pull away from the bottom of the pot.
8. Raise the heat and keep stirring.
9. Add cinnamon powder and vanilla powder/vanilla extract. Mix well while stirring continuously.
10. As the mixture becomes translucent around the edges and it becomes difficult to remove the spoon, remove the saucepan from the fire.
11. Add chopped dry fruits and cook for 2 more minutes.
You can serve this apple halwa warm or cold as per your own preferences.
Either serve the halwa as such using a deep spoon serving or you can place the halwa in any mould or a tray to have a desired shape.
12. Garnish the halwa with halved almonds and pistachios.
Cool the halwa and then cut accordingly to your desired shapes if you are using a tray.
Apple halwa can be refrigerated and stays good for 3-4 days.
Serving size: 4
Happy Apple Halwa Serving :)