Ask a woman about one dream they have about their face and they will mention having a flawless skin. Every woman desire to look beautiful for themselves and for others and although there are many ways to look so, nothing beats the impact of natural and organic products. Since the times immemorial, our grandmothers and mothers, always have and will, come up with traditional totka’s (tips) to make us look beautiful. Be it Besan Pack (Gram Flour Pack) or Honey pack or saffron pack, they always have a solution for all kinds of problems. So inspired by our grannies, we have today chosen a super wondrous natural skin product which works amazing for our skin and is there in almost all the skin care regime. We are talking about none other than “Saffron” also known as Kesar and Zaffran.
Saffron has been used for skin care for over centuries, the product holds so many properties and benefits for our skin that it literally blows your mind. We do have come up with some ways about how it can be used to get a flawless skin, but before we get into that, let us try and explore this golden product and the benefits it holds for us.
Derived from a flower of crocus sativus and commonly known as Saffron crocus, saffron is the world's most exotic and expensive spice. The anatomy includes the vivid and crimson red stigmas and styles called threads which are collected, dried and then worthfully sold. The flower has 2 stigmas, one is male stigma and the other is female stigma, saffron is the female part. It is the most costliest spice in the world by weight. Doubtful about the origin though, the best of saffron is believed to come from Kashmir, India. It takes around 1,70,000 flowers to make a 1 Kg kg of saffron and the most famous place of kashmir from where the saffron comes is called Pampore. The Golden town of Kashmir. Priced for its labour intensive properties and amazing advantages, here are some of the benefits, saffron has for our skin.
BENEFITS OF SAFFRON
Saffron has been used as a beauty ingredient for over centuries. It is used for healing, moisturizing and protecting the overall skin. Loaded with antioxidants and many other beneficial and essential compounds, here are some of the benefits which we can derive out of this wonder spice.
● May Help Cure Acne: The antioxidant and antibacterial properties of saffron may help cure skin acne. Using saffron in skin treatment products has been a practice for ages. The product may also help in treating blemishes.
● May Heal Wounds and Scars: Saffron is believed to help in the healing of wounds and scars. In old times, warriors have been known to use saffron for wound healing. Applying the paste of saffron on wound can speed up the recovery.
● Skin Pigmentation: Saffron may help fight against the skin pigmentation and blemishes. So, to all the pregnant ladies out there who have started to get this side effect of pregnancy. Grab some strands of saffron and save yourself from the complication.
● Glowy Skin: With a busy schedule and hectic lifestyle, dull and tired skin are the two things that come handy. Fight this problem with the help of saffron. A regular application of saffron pack may help you gain back the lost glow and make your skin look radiant again.
● Remove that Tan: Saffron has the properties of lightning the skin tone. A regular application of saffron mixed with milk may help get rid of skin tan and make you complexion fairer.
Now to encash on all the benefits given above, there are certain ways of how you can gain the maximum out of this amazing product. Saffron packs are the most famous and effective ones to do so. Let us try and explore in detail below:
12 Homemade Saffron Face Packs.
1. Saffron Face pack for Fair Skin: Obsessed with fair skin? Here is how you can attain one. Sandalwood and saffron together are believed to work like magic for your skin tone. To proceed:
-Take some sandalwood powder or paste.
- Mix it with a little bit of milk or rosewater to make a paste. Rosewater can be preferably used for oily skin type.
- And add some saffron strands to it and apply the paste on your face. The paste can be kept for 20 mins, afterwards rinse with cold water and you are good to go.
2. Saffron Whitening Pack for Dry Skin: When you have dry skin and need that extra glow, try this saffron pack for the instant results:
- Take a teaspoon full of Milk cream (Mallai) and mix few saffron strands with it. - Keep the mixture and let the strands soak for about an hour.
- Clean your face with a towel and then apply the mixture.
- Keep for 15 minutes and then rinse with cold water. You will start noticing the glow instantly.
3. Saffron Pack with Neem and Tulsi: This pack is ideal for the one who has acne problems. The antibacterial properties of neem/tulsi and the antioxidant properties of Saffron together make a perfect pick for acne protection. To use:
- Take some rose water and soak some saffron strands in it.
- Next, take neem powder/leaves and tulsi powder/leaves and mix them along.
- Make a paste out of it.
- Apply this paste on face and keep for 20 minutes and then rinse with cold water. - Use this treatment twice a week and you will start noticing the difference.
4. Saffron Pack with Papaya for Glowing Skin: Who would say NO to glowing and fresh skin?
Here is how you can have one.
- Take some small pieces of papaya, add some saffron strands to it and then make a paste.
- Apply this paste on your face and keep for 20 minutes. This rejuvenates the skin instantly, exfoliates mildly due to which skin appears brighter, smoother and radiant, saffron and boosts blood circulation and lightens the skin with a radiant glow.
5. Honey and Saffron Face Pack: Saffron and honey, both are loaded with antioxidants and work wonders for skin. They together are good for fighting acne and gaining back the lost glow. Here is how you can encash the benefits:
- Take a teaspoon full of honey and add some saffron strands to it.
- Let it sit for 10 mins and then apply the mixture on your face.
- Keep for 20 minutes and then rinse with cold water.
- This pack can be used 2 - 3 times a week and is good for all skin types.
6. Saffron and Banana for Fair Skin: Banana along with saffron can be a good way to gain fair complexion and beautiful skin. Here is how to make the pack.
- Take a few pieces of banana and mash them.
- Add a few saffron strands to it and make a paste.
- Apply this paste and keep for 20 minutes.
- Rinse with cold water and you may apply this paste 2 - 3 times a week.
7. Saffron with Basil Seeds: Basil seeds along with saffron have antibacterial properties and can be used for acne protection and glowing skin. The method you may follow for the same is:
- Take some leaves of basil seeds along with some saffron strands. - Mix those with some milk and make a thick paste out of it.
- Apply this paste and keep for about 10 - 15 mins. Rinse with cold water then.
8. Skin lightening Pack with Saffron: For this beneficial pack you will need to have some milk, water, a pinch of sugar, bread crumbs and some coconut or olive oil.
- Soak some saffron strands in water and keep overnight.
- Next day, mix some milk and sugar to it and a few drops of olive or coconut oil to it.
- Then dip some bread crumbs into it and with the help of those only, apply this mixture on face.
- Keep this pack for 15 minutes and repeat 3 - 4 times a week for effective results.
9. Saffron and Sunflower Seeds Pack: Rich in Vitamin E and other emollient oils, Sunflower seeds are considered to be good for healthy skin ad when mixed with the super-agent saffron, the benefits are doubled. To use this pack:
- Soak the sunflower seeds and some saffron seed in milk overnight.
- Next day, grind the materials and apply the paste on your face.
- Keep till it dries and then rinse with water.
10. Saffron and Almonds Face Pack: The natural bleaching properties of Almonds, the oil content in them and wondrous benefits of saffron. Put all these together and you get the perfect skin care regime for yourself. To make:
- Take some almonds and saffron strands and soak them in water overnight.
- Next day grind these together and make a paste out of it.
- Apply this paste and let it sit for about 15 minutes.
- Rinse with water.
11. Saffron for Dark Circles: Dark circles are a nightmare for any one and the hectic and busy schedules make this night mare more likely to happen. To combat, use saffron and worry less:
- Take some 2 - 3 saffron strands and soak them overnight in a little bit of water.
- Next morning dissolve those strands completely and apply the mixture around your eyes. Avoid it from getting into eyes.
- You may apply the mixture on some other areas of the face as well where you have any sort of blemishes.
- Leave for 10 - 15 mins and then rinse off with water.
12. Saffron Pack with Bengal Gram for Dull Skin: For this pack you will need some saffron strands, some milk and bengal gram and to use:
- Soak test 1 tablespoon of bengal gram in milk overnight.
- Next day, grind the same gram into the same milk along with some saffron strands.
- Apply this mixture on face and wash after 15- 20 mins.
- You may use this pack twice a week for best results.
Applying saffron does have many advantages for your skin but you will need to be cautious about your skin type and will need to look for any allergic reactions. Now, with so many benefits and uses in store, is saffron on your shopping list yet?