Chouk Wangan is a sour brinjal preparation, where the brinjals are cut in lengthwise splits and then prepared in various spices and tamarind water. A mouthwatering recipe relished by everyone alike; ideal with chapatti and served with rice as well.
Serving size: 3-4 people
5 medium to long wangan /brinjal/eggplant,
4-5 cloves of garlic/ lahsun
Salt to taste,
2 tsp red chili powder/Marchwagan,
1/2 tsp turmeric powder/haldi
1tsp shonth /ginger powder,
1/2 teaspoon zeera /cumin /zeur,
1cup of water,
Tamarind Paste/Water Preparation
Take 2 glasses of water in a pan. Add tamarind to it. Bring to boil a couple of times. When the tamarind mix thickens remove the pan. Sieve the pulp to remove the seed and keep aside the tamarind mix.
1. Slit the brinjals lengthwise keeping the brinjal intact as a whole. Do not remove the head stalk.
2. Deep fry wangan pieces till golden brown and put aside.
3. Take 2 tbsp of oil in a pan.
4. Add garlic cloves to oil and saute at low flame.
5. Add the red chili powder, turmeric powder & saute a little more.
6. Now add some water and let it boil.
7. Add ginger powder, cumin ,salt and tamarind pulp to the masala mix in the pan.
8. Add 1cup of water.
9. Bring the whole mixture to the boil.
10. Add fried brinjals to the masala mix and boil for 2 minutes.
11. Stir carefully and do not cover the pan.
12. Add a little more water if required, in case the mixture is too dry.
13. Turn off the stove and your Chouk Wangun is ready.
Serve with Rice or Roti, tastes better when served with love :)
Follow this easy recipe and make this delicious recipe at your home. Spread some warmth, some happy smiles, share your food with friends and family, ENJOY!