Share this product
Check delivery options
Saffron, one of the oldest and the most expensive spice in the world, is a dried stigma of crocus sativus flowers, a small perennial plant, which is found only in three regions in the entire world; hence being of three types: Kashmiri, Iranian and Spanish. Iranian Saffron has a bright color and distinctive flavor, Spanish saffron (which is of two types: Spanish Coupe saffron and Spanish superior saffron) is the most common saffron, also easiest to find, and has a strong color and aroma. Considered the world's most potent type of this spice, Kashmiri Saffron has an extraordinary aroma and adds powerful colors and flavors to your recipes. Kashmiri Saffron (“Shahi Saffron” and “Mogra Saffron”), the strongest-flavored variety of saffron, is the world’s finest saffron and the most expensive as it is difficult to obtain A hundred kg of fresh flowers yield about three kilograms of saffron. It is dark red in color and has long perfect strands.
Health Benefits of Saffron
- Improves Memory: Crocin and crocetin are powerful antioxidants found in saffron which help in improving memory of a person. Diseases like Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s can be kept away by its intake. Saffron acts as an Antidepressant: Saffron contains 5-hydroxytryptophan which helps in the production of serotonin which helps in elevating the mood. It helps in receiving blood into the brain and helps in reducing depression and apprehension.
- Saffron Prevents Cancer: Crocin and Safranal in saffron inhibit the growth of tumor in the body. The Carotenoids in saffron possess chemo preventive properties. It has been found to help protect against colon, liver and ovarian cancer.
- Skin Benefits: Saffron has anti-bacterial properties and can is very beneficial in reducing acne. it can be directly applied on the affected area. It acts as a natural scrub and aids in removing dead cells. Saffron can also be applied along with milk to lighten the skin and remove pigments.
- Optimum health: The overall mineral content including calcium, vitamins, folic acid, riboflavin, niacin, vitamin-C, proteins etc present in Saffron ensure the maintenance of optimum health.
- Cold remedy: Saffron has been found to be beneficial against flu and cold. Glass of warm milk along with saffron is recommended while sick.
- Healthy Kidneys: It helps in protecting kidney related diseases and reduces kidney stress.
Note: Prices are subjected to market fluctuation
Estimated Arrival: Between 7-10 Days in India
Return Policy: Returns Accepted Within 2 Days Of Delivery.No Returns for On Sale Products.
Availability: Ships Internationally
Koshur™ is passionate about creating feelings of delight amongst its patrons. They do this by bringing forth the best of food from the very depths of Jammu and Kashmir. Working with individual farms by adapting best farm practices, their sincere effort is to influence you to a healthy & beautiful lifestyle. Koshur™ is a Kashmir Box initiative born out of love to encourage a healthy and a beautiful life.