||2.6' x 4'
||Dry Clean Only
|Time To Make
||Not Available For This Product
Manufacturing Process: The process begins at conceptualization of the pattern/design and is undertaken by naqash (Designer), the pattern is first drawn in free hand and later on approval by the manufacturer the pattern is then painted on a trace paper, where each pixel detonates a color. Then the color schemes are desided in consultation with the merchandizer, they choose between a range of 10 to 30 hues/colors depending on the intracasy and the pattern. This design trace is then forwarded to the taleem-naqash who codifies a script in symbols, wherein each symbol signifies a color. The whole pattern is then translated in a carpet manuscript. The (Kalbaf) weaver is provided the yarns and dyed silks as per requirement and the carpet manuscript. At times he is not privy to a new design and starts weaving the rug to its completion. Typically a silk carpet of 9' x 12' (324 KPSI) takes anywhere between 1 year to weave How to Clean Weekly vaccum cleaning for high activity area. Proffessional oriental carpet cleaning once in 5 years or when the rug appears dull or dirty. History: The history Kashmir carpet culmination of artistic magnificence -date back to the period of Hazrat Mir Syed Ali Hamdani (r.a.) 1341-1385 A.D. - the famous sufi saint of Persia who came to enlighten Kashmir with his spiritual guidance and brought along highly skilled artisans through the silk trade route and laid base for the cottage industries in Kashmir valley. After the Mughal conquest Empror Akbar 1580 A.D. also brought weavers from Persia to Kashmir . A great period in the history of carpets in Kashmir came In the time of Zainul-Abadin (budshah) 1730 A.D. and our carpets started winning fame in far regions. The skill of carpet weaving has been handed down by fathers to their sons, who built upon those skills and in turn handed them down to their offspring as a closely guarded family secret. The Kashmir carpet, a piece of art par excellence representing the beauty of imagination, ingenuity and perfection amongst the highest level of art ever attained by mankind; is the finest and the most exquisite form of artistic expression. Kashmir carpets are works of art as s functional objects,. Indeed, many have reached such supreme heights of artistic expression that they have always been regarded in the world as objects of exceptional beauty and luxury in the same way as masterpieces of paintings .Kashmir Handmade carpets are discussed here in terms of their elements of design, material, technique, ornament and imagery use, and stylistic characteristics in different periods and cultures. Now the Kashmir carpet has reached its zenith. A Kashmir carpet is perhaps the most coveted of textile weavers, a passionate work of art, carefully chosen among the finest on earth and the elements of the design are like notes and melody or words in poem and are hundreds and thousands of hours of skilled work. Description: Buy this lovely handmade hand knotted silk on cotton-base carpet at KashmirBox. Name of the weaver family: Dar Family Specifications KPSI: 24 x 24 (576 Knots per square inch) Size: 2' 6" x 4' (0.75 m x 1.2 m) Colors: Base / edge (Multi / Beige) Features Handmade Hand knotted by the A.Majid Dar & family in Budgam, J&K. Pure mulberry silk Directly shipped / couriered from the source. Fair Value & all inclusive pricing. The motif is an inspiration from the art works from the folk lores of Umar Khyam.
At Kashmir Box, we take special care in ensuring that your products are delivered to you in the best condition and on time by partnering only with courier companies of International repute.
- We offer free shipping on all prepaid orders and charge Rs.50 for COD orders PAN India.
- A weight based shipping cost is applicable/chargeable for International orders.
- Shipping charges may vary depending upon order volume and delivery location for International orders.
- Our courier partners deliver on working days, excluding Public Holidays.
- Order dispatch confirmation is notified by email as and when your order is dispatched from our warehouse.
- Shipping/Billing address - refers to where the product has to be shipped/billed and therefore you are requested to mention your complete address with pin/zip code and a working phone number.
- Orders are shipped directly from Kashmir.
To know more about your country specific shipping charges or for any other clarity you can drop a mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Check the delivery/making time on the product details under description while/before placing the order. Each of our products is crafted especially for you by master artisans across the valley, the making/shipping time for each is different.
- No returns are accepted for products/orders which are customized.
- No returns are acceptable for products available under sale category on the website.
- For each return in craft products which are not damaged and perfect in make, a restocking fee is charged as under
Order value more than Rs. 3,000
Order value less then Rs. 3,000
Order Value ( Pashmina) more than Rs.30,000
Craft Return Policy:
We at KashmirBox.com believe in providing a delightful experience to our customers. We serve you with the best of Kashmiri products.
You must inform us about your return within 7 days from the date of delivery at email@example.com
- In case the product you receive is damaged or with any quality issues, reach back to us & we will arrange a reverse pickup of the product subject to need for the pickup and reverse pickup service available for your address/pin code.
- The product should reach us in its original condition without any damage or any other kind of tampering.
- The product should be returned in a well packed box so as to avoid any damage in the transit & with complete labelled address.
- Reverse pickup is not available for International orders. In such cases the reverse pickup is to be arranged by the customer itself at their own cost involved.
In these scenario, your returns are not accepted
- The product is damaged or has been tampered with in any way.
- The product has been used, worn, washed or changed in any other way.
- Crafts are prone to a slight variation in the design, colour and pattern work; therefore we may not be able to refund your order if the same are your criteria for making a return.
- Enquiry about any doubts that you may have regarding the products before going for the final purchase may be asked at firstname.lastname@example.org and have all your doubts instantly.
- The products are of standard quality but not to your personal liking in terms of taste and colour.
Food (Gourmet) Orders:
For return of gourmet foods, you must inform us immediately upon delivery about the reason for return at email@example.com.
- No stocking fee applicable for food return.
- All food items to be returned must be unused, unopened untampered and must be dispatched back within one day only.
If you wish to cancel your order with us please note:
- The order can only be cancelled if and only if it has not already been shipped.
- Once the order has been shipped from our warehouse, you will not be entitled for any refund and it will become a return on your side.
- The ‘Made to Order’ and other “Customized orders” are in no way eligible for cancellation.
For any cancellation related queries, reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Most of the products on KashmirBox.com are handmade; hand woven and intricately crafted, as such there may be variations in colour and embellishment of the actual product against that as shown on the website. This is due to the nature of fabric dyes, weather at the time of dying and differences in display outputs due to lighting, digital photography, colour settings and displaying capabilities of computer monitors, laptops or the mobile devices that you may be using.
Address to be specified on return shipments.
Kashmir Box Online Private Limited
Indo Kashmir Complex, Nawab Bazar
Srinagar, Jammu and Kashmir, India – 190002,
Tel: +91-9796659999, Email: email@example.com