Dried Morel Mushrooms (25 Grams)
> The New Year Sale Upto 70% off. Click here
> Free shipping on all prepaid orders in India.
What are Dried Morel Mushrooms?
Morel mushroom scientifically known as Morchella esculenta, also known by many other names; morel, common morel, true morel, sponge morel, and yellow morel and in Kashmir locally known as Guchchi.
Morels are hollow, rubbery and brittle-much more brittle than other mushrooms with a cone-shaped cap and sponge-like texture. They typically grow between two and four inches tall. The caps stand erect and range in color from pale cream to almost black with a well-defined pitted texture.
Morels are hollow and have a white- to pale cream-colored stem. They need to be cleaned, but otherwise, require very little preparation before cooking and are best when simply grilled or sautéed. These mushrooms after cooking are meaty and tender with a deep, earthy, nutty, and woodsy flavor.
In spring, Morels are freshly available, while the dried morel mushrooms can be available year-round.
History of Morel Mushrooms?
Morels naturally grow in the wild and are native to regions across the northern hemisphere. According to Wikipedia, These mushrooms are found most often in and around wooded areas of Canada, the United States, Turkey, Spain, India, Pakistan, Israel, Cyprus, China, and Australia. In India, it is only found in Kashmir, some parts of Himachal Pradesh and Uttarakhand.
What are the benefits of Morel Mushrooms?
Morel mushrooms are an excellent source of fiber, iron, and manganese, and also contain copper, phosphorus, zinc, vitamins D, E, K and B, potassium, and calcium (Source).
Morel Mushroom is Rich in Vitamin D
Vitamin D plays a vital role in the absorption of calcium which is essential to maintain bone health. The calcium level is maintained by the calcitriol and parathyroid hormone. Vitamin K helps to maintain the level of phosphorus in the blood. The deficiency of Vitamin D leads to bone ailments such as rickets and osteomalacia. It also increases the risk of bone fractures, broken bones and osteoporosis.
Morel Mushroom is Rich in Iron
Iron is essential for brain function as it plays a vital role in carrying oxygen to the brain because 20 percent of oxygen is used by the brain in the body. The deficiency of iron can affect the mental functions and memory as well.
Morel Mushroom is Rich in Zinc
The deficiency of zinc is associated with the diarrheal diseases as well as digestive problems so the adequate consumption of foods rich in zinc helps to cure diarrhea and prophylaxis. It also enhances the immunity function so that it increases the ability of the body to counteract diseases.
Morel Mushroom is Rich in Copper
Copper provides anti-inflammatory activities that relieve stiffness and pain that are related to arthritis. It assists the muscular strength, repairs connective tissue and lowers joint pain. There is a belief that the copper bracelets could reduce the painful symptoms of arthritis so the arthritis patients wear bracelets made of copper.
Morel Mushroom helps in Thyroid
Potassium, zinc, calcium and copper are essential for the proper functioning of thyroid activity and also prevent hyperthyroidism. The absence of one of these minerals can lead a person to suffer the thyroid. It leads to weight gain or loss, fatigue, appetite, change in body temperature etc.
Morel Mushroom is Rich in Vitamin D
The deficiency of Vitamin D results in mood disorders such as seasonal depression, depression, insomnia, anxiety and mood problems during PMS. The low presence of Vitamin D affects the estrogen and testosterone production and imbalances it.
Morel Mushroom helps Liver to function to its fullest
The adequate consumption of zinc lowers the infection and damage of the liver. Zinc assists to clean the liver by eliminating wastes which helps to reduce the free radical damage and assist the absorption of nutrients. This helps to keep the liver ailments at bay.
Morel Mushroom maintains Hemoglobin
The anemia is caused due to the low level of hemoglobin and red blood cells due to which low level of oxygen reach to the cells. It leads to low energy levels, poor immunity and brain function.
Morel Mushroom helps to keep eyes healthy
The deficiency of Vitamin B2 increases the risk of eye ailments such as keratoconus, cataracts and glaucoma. Vitamin B2 has the ability to prevent these eye disorders. Riboflavin drops are applied to treat the eye ailments such as glaucoma.
Morel Mushroom helps to keep heart function to its fullest
Vitamin B3 can reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease in dyslipidemia patients. It reduces LDL cholesterol levels which increase the chances of having stroke, heart attack and other heart diseases. Vitamin B3 increases the HDL cholesterol levels and reduces triglycerides. It results in maintaining the healthy heart by preventing the heart ailments
Shipping & Return Policy
At Kashmir Box, we take special care in ensuring that your products are delivered to you in the best condition and on time by partnering only with courier companies of International repute.
- We offer free shipping on all prepaid orders and charge Rs.70 for COD orders PAN India.
- A weight based shipping cost is applicable/chargeable for International orders.
- Shipping charges may vary depending upon order volume and delivery location for International orders.
- Our courier partners deliver on working days, excluding Public Holidays.
- Order dispatch confirmation is notified by email as and when your order is dispatched from our warehouse.
- Shipping/Billing address - refers to where the product has to be shipped/billed and therefore you are requested to mention your complete address with pin/zip code and a working phone number.
- Orders are shipped directly from Kashmir.
- To know more about your country specific shipping charges or for any other clarity you can drop a mail at email@example.com
- Country of Origin: India
- Check the delivery/making time on the product details under description while/before placing the order. Each of our products is crafted especially for you by master artisans across the valley, the making/shipping time for each is different.
- No returns are accepted for products/orders which are customized.
- No returns are acceptable for products available under sale category on the website.
- For each return in craft products which are not damaged and perfect in make, a restocking fee is charged as under
Order value more than Rs. 3,000
Order value less then Rs. 3,000
Order Value ( Pashmina) more than Rs.30,000
Craft Return Policy:
We at KashmirBox.com believe in providing a delightful experience to our customers. We serve you with the best of Kashmiri products.
- You must inform us about your return within 7 days from the date of delivery at firstname.lastname@example.org
- In case the product you receive is damaged or with any quality issues, reach back to us & we will arrange a reverse pickup of the product subject to need for the pickup and reverse pickup service available for your address/pin code.
- The product should reach us in its original condition without any damage or any other kind of tampering.
- The product should be returned in a well packed box so as to avoid any damage in the transit & with complete labelled address.
- Reverse pickup is not available for International orders. In such cases the reverse pickup is to be arranged by the customer itself at their own cost involved.
In these scenario, your returns are not accepted
- The product is damaged or has been tampered with in any way.
- The product has been used, worn, washed or changed in any other way.
- Crafts are prone to a slight variation in the design, colour and pattern work; therefore we may not be able to refund your order if the same are your criteria for making a return.
- Enquiry about any doubts that you may have regarding the products before going for the final purchase may be asked at email@example.com and have all your doubts instantly.
- The products are of standard quality but not to your personal liking in terms of taste and colour.
Food (Gourmet) Orders:
- For return of gourmet foods, you must inform us immediately upon delivery about the reason for return at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- No stocking fee applicable for food return.
- All food items to be returned must be unused, unopened untampered and must be dispatched back within one day only.
If you wish to cancel your order with us please note:
- The order can only be cancelled if and only if it has not already been shipped.
- Once the order has been shipped from our warehouse, you will not be entitled for any refund and it will become a return on your side.
- The ‘Made to Order’ and other “Customized orders” are in no way eligible for cancellation.
For any cancellation related queries, reach us at email@example.com
Most of the products on KashmirBox.com are handmade; hand woven and intricately crafted, as such there may be variations in colour and embellishment of the actual product against that as shown on the website. This is due to the nature of fabric dyes, weather at the time of dying and differences in display outputs due to lighting, digital photography, colour settings and displaying capabilities of computer monitors, laptops or the mobile devices that you may be using.
Address to be specified on return shipments.
Kashmir Box Online Private Limited
Indo Kashmir Complex, Nawab Bazar
Srinagar, Jammu and Kashmir, India – 190002,
Tel: +91-9796659999, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Morel Mushrooms were out of this world !
It was awesome. The rich taste reminded me of my beautiful hometown , Jammu and Kashmir. Looking forward to ordering more delicacies
Excellent response, have purchased products couple of times, so fall all is good. Haven't tried dried morel mushroom yet... good service and products
Very Authentic and orginal Gutchi / Morel Mushroom
Beautiful website and amazing products. They took their own sweet time to deliver, could be because of lockdown restrictions. However, quality of the products is unparalleled. Will buy from you guys again :) thanks
can yu reduce the price ?
former average. latter good
Made the morel wale chawal dish using the dried morel mushrooms bought from you.The dish turned out to be superb,everyone who had it said the morels made the difference.